WER Architects performed an in-depth condition assessment of The Old State House, originally built in 1833, to determine a scope of work for its restoration. That assessment centered around the conservation of historic materials and stabilization criteria to prevent further deterioration of the building. Through a multi-phase construction process that involved investigation, stabilization and restoration, the building was restored and modernized technologically to serve as an active museum for The Arkansas Department of Heritage. The grounds were preserved to historic conditions and a monument garden was created in the final stage of construction. The garden incorporates various donated bronze and aluminum plaques, and stone monuments that have been given to the museum over the years.