CAMPUS | K-12

eStem K-8 Public Charter School

Little Rock, Arkansas

Built in 1908 for the Arkansas Gazette Newspaper, architect George Mann would have never dreamed his design for the booming newspaper would someday become a school for elementary and middle school students. Reuse of this terra cotta clad landmark has proven a huge success through a top to bottom renovation, designed and led by WER Architects, for eStem Charter schools – the first K-8 public school in downtown Little Rock. The highly decorative corridors on the first floor and exterior facades were restored to the Secretary of the Interiors Guidelines and National Park Service criteria for the certification applications compiled and submitted by WER. The school is fully occupied and has a waiting list of applicants wishing to attend.