Chi Omega House
Since 1928, 940 West Maple has served as a home for generations of sisters, a landmark for the Chi Omega, and a symbol of love and friendship for all those who made priceless memories within its walls. The home was designed to serve 75 members when it underwent a 1958 renovation. Today the chapter serves 432 members.
WER worked with the chapter’s building committee to restore the original 1928 Chapter home, which is on the National Register of Historic Places and removed the two additions added in 1941 and 1958. The new design dramatically increased the overall house size and program space, all while respecting the presence, scale and style of the original home.
The new addition to the west expanded the public ground floor space and allows the chapter to fully utilize the front lawn. Additional outdoor spaces were enhanced including the patio off the dining room and a new roof deck.
The house has been transformed to better serve the needs of the women of Chi Omega. Additional features include an expanded dining room and kitchen, renovated main living spaces, Founders Library, house director’s suite and an expanded basement with chapter room.